Leadership Westlake is a program that creates a comprehensive and objective awareness of our community in action. The program fosters commitment to our region and develops leaders to meet the demands of the future. Many of the opportunities available to this group are exclusive to the Leadership Program and not open to the general public. This provides the participants with many unique, rare and interesting experiences.
One Day Each Month, You Will...
- Network with and develop long-term business relationships with others in the class.
- Examine the major business sectors that contribute to the vibrancy and growth of the greater Westlake area.
- Participate in finding creative and insightful solutions to community needs.
- Enhance the skills needed to become a decision maker and leader in your community.
- Discover how you and your organization can make a positive impact within your business interactions.
Who Participates in This Program?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, every employee needs to be prepared to take a leadership role whenever called upon. Emerging leaders of this community and those interested in moving their careers to the next level, find this program personally and professionally invaluable. The program is limited to a maximum of 20 participants each year.
What is the Curriculum?
- Basic Leadership Skills: Orientation and Leadership Retreat (Overnight)
- Local Business Economy
- Public Safety
- Health & Wellness
- Tourism & Economic Development
When Does the Class Meet?
The program is comprised of nine educational sessions, which begin in late September and conclude in May. Participants spend a professionally facilitated overnight retreat on Sept 29th & Sept 30th and then meet on a Thursday of each month (8:30am-5:00pm) for a full day’s curriculum centered on a main topic area delivered via behind-the-scenes tours, hands-on demonstrations and interactive activities, lectures and briefings. Dates Are:
- September 29 - September 30: Overnight Leadership Retreat at Balcones Springs Marble Falls
- October 27
- November 17
- December 15
- January 26
- February 23
- March 23
- April 27
- Graduation at the May Westlake Chamber Community Luncheon (date TBD)
What is the cost to participate?
A fee of $775 must be paid for each participant by August 31, 2022. This fee helps cover costs of the program, including the professionally facilitated overnight retreat with personality assessment, materials, meals, shirts, professional name badges, lodging and any other related expenses.
Class of 2022 Generously Sponsored by
- Member Directory
- Area Info
- Leadership Westlake