Leadership Westlake is a program that creates in its class participants, a comprehensive and objective awareness of our community in action. The program fosters commitment to our region and develops leaders to meet the demands of the future. Many of the opportunities available to this group are exclusive to the Leadership Program and not open to the general public. This provides the participants with many unique, rare and interesting experiences.
One Day Each Month, Five Months A Year, You Will...
- Network with and develop long-term business relationships with others in the class.
- Examine the major business sectors that contribute to the vibrancy and growth of the greater Westlake area.
- Participate in finding creative and insightful solutions to community needs.
- Enhance the skills needed to become a decision maker and leader in your community.
- Discover how you and your organization can make a positive impact within your business interactions.
Who Participates in This Program?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, every employee needs to be prepared to take a leadership role whenever called upon. Emerging leaders of this community and those interested in moving their careers to the next level, find this program personally and professionally invaluable.
What is the Curriculum?
- Basic Leadership Skills: Orientation and Leadership Retreat (Overnight)
- The Non-Profit Sector
- Education – Cradle to Grave
- Building a Strong Local Economy and Planning and Development in a Growing Community
- Government in Action
- Health Care Delivery Systems
When Does the Class Meet?
The program is comprised of five educational sessions, which begin in January and conclude in May. Participants meet the 4th Thursday of each month (8:30am-4:30pm) for a full day’s curriculum centered on a main topic area delivered via behind-the-scenes tours, hands-on demonstrations and interactive activities, lectures and briefings.
The Inaugural Class is full, but we are now accepting applications for the next Leadership Westlake program.
Applications for Fall 2018 are due by July 31st.
- Area Info