Leadership Westlake is a program that creates a comprehensive and objective awareness of our community in action. The program fosters commitment to our region and develops leaders to meet the demands of the future. Many of the opportunities available to this group are exclusive to the Leadership Program and not open to the general public. This provides the participants with many unique, rare and interesting experiences.
One Day Each Month, You Will...
- Network with and develop long-term business relationships with others in the class.
- Examine the major business sectors that contribute to the vibrancy and growth of the greater Westlake area.
- Participate in finding creative and insightful solutions to community needs.
- Enhance the skills needed to become a decision maker and leader in your community.
- Discover how you and your organization can make a positive impact within your business interactions.
Who Participates in This Program?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, every employee needs to be prepared to take a leadership role whenever called upon. Emerging leaders of this community and those interested in moving their careers to the next level, find this program personally and professionally invaluable.
What is the Curriculum?
- Basic Leadership Skills: Orientation and Leadership Retreat (Overnight)
- Local Business Economy
- Public Safety
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Tourism & Economic Development
When Does the Class Meet?
The program is comprised of nine educational sessions, which begin in September and conclude in May. Participants spend a weekend retreat on Sept 27th & 28th and then meet on the 4th Thursday of each month (8:30am-4:30pm) for a full day’s curriculum centered on a main topic area delivered via behind-the-scenes tours, hands-on demonstrations and interactive activities, lectures and briefings. Dates Are:
- September 26-27: Overnight Leadership Retreat at Balcones Springs Marble Falls
- October 17
- November 21
- December 19
- January 23
- February 27
- March 26
- April 23
- May 8: Graduation at the Westlake Chamber Community Luncheon
Class of 2020 Generously Sponsored by
PARTICIPATE AS A SPONSOR
Contact the Chamber Office at 512-327-3088 or email@example.com
- Area Info